My Website

www.bonsaiclubofahmedabad.com

Friday 11 September 2009

Calliandra (Powder Puff)






Before 2 years i was not aware about this species as bonsai. But at present this is my favourite species to make bonsai. Because it gives beautiful flowers of red colour, nice looking foliage, speedy growth ,preety looking plant and good survival in our "Ahmedabad" city.

When i had purchase this plant from nursery (May-09) it was in the big mud pot with lots of long branches. Both the trunk was so streight and all branches was grown upward streight from both the trunks. Unfortunately i had not taken any photo while i purchased.

I had chopped all the branches with the length of just 4 to 6 inches, according to lower-longer, and uper-shorter. Within two months the plant had given good response and once again it becomes good looking with good foliage. (you can see in last two pictures)

Than after i had wired the required branches, and cut all other branches. I am trying to arrange a harmony with both the trunk, but the style will be twin trunk bonsai. You can see that both the trunks are too streight but i had cut it one shorter and other one is longer so it makes the different and giving good look.

After 15 days of wiring i have repot it in rectangle mud pot, and i had taken photoes of this tree with two beautiful statues. (please enlarge this photoes in your computer and see the top photo) It looks gorgious........ Ofcourse this is my plant so, i love it. In future i will make it more bold remification in both the trunks.. with one overlook bonsai tree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog and great creations!

I am a beginner and after imagining for a long time i decided to give it a try.

I was having a jade plant in pot for a year which i propagated from cuttings. I wired it and prunned it and hope it will do ok.

Bloggers like you are great inspiration. thanks for sharing your work, experience and knowledge.
Will update about it on my blog.

Unknown said...

sir, I mann joshi of gujarat is a keen lover of bonsai and i am intrestred of making bonsai i have made many bonsai and my age is just 15 and i won an awad for youngest bonsai maker in rajendar sing ji institute in secunderabad . i want to talk to u about this and my email id is mannjoshi121@gmail.com and my ph no is 07842505870 plz do contact me.
sincerly mann joshi